Thursday, March 10, 2011

Meyer Lemon Sherbet

I finally found the recipe for the meyer lemon sherbet we made for our dinner party.  I also discovered that I misread the recipe in the first place.  Oops.  It was still quite delicious, so here's both a link to the original recipe and what I ended up making

Meyer Lemon Sherbet
1/2 c meyer lemon juice
zest of 3 meyer lemons, very finely chopped if not using a microplane grater
1 c heavy cream
3/4 c whole milk
2/3 c granulated sugar

In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar and lemon juice and heat until the sugar is dissolved.  Mix all the other ingredients, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, though longer is better because the flavors can meld.  Pour the mixture into a standard ice cream maker and once solid-er.  Freeze for a couple hours to really set.

We served this with some really yummy blueberries and it was great.  I love meyer lemons and this sherbet didn't disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment